Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fundraisers

This weekend our elementary school is hosting a car wash to help raise money for our building needs. Does anyone have any unique fundraiser ideas for a PE department?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although we have been told over and over again to steer clear from Dodge Ball...this could be a great time to take advantage it! Last year our school hosted a Dodge Ball tournament to help raise money for our new Wellness Center. Students form teams of 6-7 players and each team creates a fun team name. We held our tournament on a Saturday late morning/afternoon. It lasted for about 7 hours...however, we had a wonderful turnout! You can decide how much you want to charge each player/team depending on how much money you need. The kids get really into it...in fact a lot of kids made team t-shirts and uniforms!! If you have any questions, or want more details...I'd be happy to explain more in class! Hope that helped!!

Suz41 said...

I actually just talked to my principal about a dodgeball tournament and he thought it was a fantastic idea. He loved it! This way, even though we want to steer clear of dodgeball, its on a volunteer type of basis and students are obviously willing to participate. If you're afraid of injuries, sign a waiver form. You could also have a Jog-A-Thon type of deal where kids get people to sponsor them per lap or a flat rate. My mom's school does this in elementary and it has a fantastic turnout. And, finally, I was also talking to my principal about having a county wide Powder Puff Football League. I'm not sure how the details would work, but its something to think about. But since you teach elementary (I think), perhaps a Jog-A-Thon is the way to go. Good luck!

DScoli said...

Hey Katie,

I talked about this briefly on Saturday for fundraising about having the hypnotist/comedian come to your school. In the next few weeks I will be getting the informational packet that will explain everything. When I get it, I can send you a copy and you and Alex can decide if you think that it would be a good idea for your school.