Friday, September 19, 2008

It's Friday!

This week was kinda crazy because of the power outage and no school on Monday, and because the nurse did heights and weights during PE class. The kids still got quality physical activity and had fun :) We played a multi-ball soccer game throughout the week. We did this both inside with one field and outside with several fields. The kids seemed to really enjoy this and reached their 20 minute physical activity goal, on their pedometers.

3 comments:

Suz41 said...

I love multi-ball soccer. It gets everyone else involved. Well, normally with only one soccer ball, you'd have a pack of 20 kids following and trying to kick one ball. But, with 2 or 3 soccer balls, it gets everyone involved and keeps everyone on their toes. Great idea!
I absolutely hate those crazy weeks, but my kids seem to really adjust well to them. They just kind of go with the flow. I have a folder with all random games to play for 2 hour delays, pep assemblies, etc. Anyways, keep up the good work! And, of course, Happy Friday (weekend now)!

DScoli said...

Hi Kati. I play a game in the gym that combines basketball and soccer and the kids really get into it. I set up two large goals using cones, on the endline, the entire width of the gym. Start with a jump ball in the center of the court, if the ball touches the ground, then the game is soccer. If the ball is caught of of the tip, the kids play basketball, but can't dribble. They can only take two steps before they have to pass or shoot. Any time the ball touches the ground, the game is soccer, if the ball is kicked in the air and it gets caught, the game changes to basketball. Soccer goals are 1 point, baskets are worth two.

Kristen said...

I really like the game that is either soccer or basketball! Sounds really fun and I would love to try that. Our basketball unit immediately follows the unit on team handball and this seems like a great transition game. I like hearing about the games that other students love to play because I know my kids will feel the same way. Please feel free to share any other creative games you play!